FastTrack pre-conference seminars
FastTracks are pre-conference intensive seminars. These seminars are held Wednesday, July 18th, the day of the conference's evening opening event. They are intensive sessions focused on professional network disciplines. Individuals may attend these seminars as stand-alone events at $149 each (lunch, conference launch, evening meal and Trade Show access included) or add on to a full conference registration for just $99. To register go to the registration tab and following the description.
Church Accounting Network
Executive Pastor Network
Church Facilities Network
Church Communication Network
Church Human Resources Network
Church Accounting Network:
Church accounting continue to become a much more complex profession requiring cutting edge education and information. This deep dive into current guidelines and emerging trends will be a great asset to both the CPA specialist and the generalist in charge of accounting. Join this network and qualify for six hour of CPE credit.
Information: contact the national office or Lisa Francisco CPA, Business Administrator @ Brentwood Baptist in Brentwood TN email@example.com
Executive Pastor Network:
Inevitably, idealistic ministry plans get diluted or sidetracked by human interaction and/or drama. What does a high-performing ministry team look like? We will explore a model for building a staff that maximizes individual gifts and keeps the priority of the mission of the church at the forefront.
Plan to gather for a one-day
learning experience with fellow executive pastors? The role is
increasingly a mainstay in large churches, but one that comes in many
varieties. Join us for a fast-paced, interactive FastTrack for Executive
Pastors/ Executive Leaders, just prior to National Conference.
The morning session will focus wil be on stradegy. Where are you going and how will you get there? In this interactive workshop we will take a comprehensive look at the strategic planning process. We will discuss reasons why strategic planning can be important for your organization and we will review common steps in the planning process. You will get to see what other churches and organizations are using for metrics and how they are measured. This will be a great chance to meet other senior executives and how they are leading their churches. Led by Tom Greer, CPA, CGMA, director of operations and CFO of Eastside Christian Church in Anaheim, CA. Bring your experience and questions and learn in the interactive day.
The afternoon will focus on self-care and the unique work of executive leaders. Melvin Jones, CCA, Executive Pastor of Antioch Baptist Church, Fairfax Station VA will facilitate this session.
Information: contact the national office or Melvin Jones, CCA, Executive Pastor of Antioch Baptist Church, Fairfax Station VA. firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Facilities Network:
Energy, lighting, security, setup, capital maintenance, parking, occupancy permits, fire safety and the list goes on of the tasks and responsibilities around church facilities. This six hour intensive will focus on the facilities leader for congregations. Whether it is a full-time responsibility for you or one of the many hats you wear, this time invested will provide you with new insight and wisdom to meet the daily and long-term challenge of a facility well maintained.
Agenda for Fast Track Facilities for 2018
- Welcome and orientation – Paul Johnson
- 9:15 – 10:30-Open - ABC of facility Management – Dean Johnson 2nd Baptist Lubbock TX
Overview of Facilities Management
- Dean will cover the basics of Facilities Management
- Give an overview of systems and practical management techniques
- Updates on latest developments and trends in Facilities management
- 10:30 – noon - Building systems that can save your church money – Kreg Robinson, Parkhill Smith & Cooper architects
What can you do in the next five years to save your church money?
- Overview of different church building systems
- Identifying which can save your church the most money
- How to do a life-cycle analysis of your churches systems
- Noon – 12:45 LUNCH
- 12:45 – 2:30 Risk Management – an insurers view. TBA
What are the current risks to churches and what you can do about them
- Current experience in church insurance claims – Who what where why & when
- Risk & Loss prevention – what you can do
- What to do if you have an event. - Communication internal and external. Legal ramifications and long-term dangers if not properly dealt with. Policies and procedures
- 2:30 – 4:00 Security in your church – Nathan Parr & Tim Cool, Cool Solutions
What is the roll of security in your church – what is appropriate?
- Why have a security committee and policies in place
- What are successful strategies that other churches have used
- What are the most likely security issues that your church faces
- Equipment, policies and personnel roles and responsibilities
Q&A and closing – Paul Johnson
Information: contact the national office or Paul Johnson
Church Communication Network:
You've attended workshops, listened to lectures, and read articles on church communication, social media, and websites. You know you need a Facebook presence, a good website and a communication strategy. You’re probably investing money, time and talent into the process!
How do you conduct a communication audit?
When was the last time you conducted an audit of your communication processes? I’ll teach you how to give your church an audit of your internal and external communication channels including website, social media, email and print. We’ll talk about next steps and use live examples. Our time will be spent in dialogue, conversation, examination, and strategy. You will be an active participant and will walk away with tools you can use right away.
This FastTrack pre-conference intensive is for serious church communication professionals (communication director, the business administrator who oversees communication, or support staff expected to turn it out regularly). Come learn with us in this unique environment!
Join your fellow communicators to learn the latest and best
ways to communicate. Information: contact the national office or Natalie Aho
Church Human Resources Network:
Human Resources management in congregations require a high level of skill and knowledge. The HR network is seeking to provide clean and timely education to support this important work. This years FT will focus on supervision and is facilitated by Susan Beaumont.
Topic: Supervision is Performance Management 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Do you have a clear understanding of what you’re doing when you supervise the work of others? Supervision, especially in a faith-based environment, requires specialized skills. This event provides you with practical skills and tools for managing the performance of others, and aligning the work of the team with the overall goals of the congregation.
Participants in this workshop will:
- Develop an understanding of supervision as performance management
- Examine the interface between covenantal and employment relationships
- Understand the significance of a job description and learn how to design one
- Explore techniques for setting performance expectations
- Practice crafting 3 types of performance feedback conversations
Information: contact the national office or Sherrie Turner, CCA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Finance & Human Resources Director @ Calvary Chapel in Newport News, VA email@example.com